COPPER ALLOYS FOR THE GLASS INDUSTRY
Special alloys for glassware
We are specific experts in the glass industry covering the production of bottles and all other types of glass containers.
The MISV, MISV-M, MISV-S and MISB special glass alloys are delivered in bars of different shapes adapted to the production of molds (Neck rings, bottoms and blow molds) such as half moon shapes produced to drawings and in round bars depending on the end-use.
METAL INDUSTRIEL is specially organized to produce products within the shortest lead-times in order to offer maximum flexibility to the mold markers and also holding stocks of some dimensions when small quantities are requested.
- Round Bars:
Produced by continuous casting in various diameters, which can exceed 200 mm. The round bars are used to produce the bottom of the molds.
- Half-moon shaped bars:
Produced by continuous casting in dimensions specially adapted to the making of neck ring molds. Shape list available on request
- Various shaped bars:
Produced by continuous casting and then pre-machined, these bars are used for the making of the blow molds. We also produce “L” shaped bars to make other parts such as pinches.
The continuous casting process of the MISV alloys generates economical moulds for the production of bottles and other glass containers.
- Metal without porosities
- Finer grain than with the moulds produced by sand casting which brings better homogeneity in the grain structure and a better thermal conductivity
- High productivity while maintaining the quality of the glass products
- Higher hardness leading to a longer lifetime of the moulds in production
- A smoother and cleaner metal surface improving machinablitiy, reducing costs and tools consumption
- In numerous cases the continuous casting allows to produce shapes very close to the finished sizes which is economical in terms of raw metal usage and in machining times.