HIGH STRENGTH BRASS
METAL INDUSTRIEL HISTORY
Metal Industriel is a foundry specialised in non-ferrous metal alloys. It was created in 1870 with a sand casting manufacturing process.
At the very beginning of its history, the company was called SETIM. Then, between the two wars, it became LAF (french: Friction Alloys). During this period, it was solicited by the French State for the manufacturing of artillery shells.
Then, in August 1975, LAF became “Les Alliages Mignot” and in March 1979, it was acquired under the name of “Metal Industriel de Chauny”. It was at this time that the Horizontal and Vertical Continuous Casting assembly lines were installed. During these periods, it distinguished itself in the industrial valves sector. In the 1985’s, the sand casting was stopped. The company is looking to conquer new markets. It creates various new specific alloys in the field of glassware and becomes an essential supplier for mould makers.
The company was acquired by the AMPCO Group in August 2010 under the new METAL INDUSTRIEL
Thanks to its skills, Metal Industriel has developed new markets, particularly in the following areas:
- The maritime
- Mechanical constructions